Dear Wisconsin Lyme Community,
The Wisconsin Lyme Network would love your help. If you are interested in a position on our board or being a committee chairperson or just on a committee please send us a copy of your application. Thank you in advance for helping out!
- President: The President presides over meetings of the assembled group and conducts its business in an orderly fashion. When the group is not in session, the President's duties include acting as its head or representative, it's spokesperson, overseeing committee's and ensuring that group bylaws and rules are adhered to.
- Vice President: The Vice President serves as President in the absence of the President, or when a motion involving the President is being discussed. The Vice President assists the President in the President's required duties, representing the organization, overseeing committee's and compliance with bylaws and rules.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer will make a report at each Board meeting and assist in the preparation of the budget, financial related matters and make financial information available to board members, governmental agencies and the public. The Treasurer offers oversight of assets and financial interests to include tax returns every three years.
- Secretary: The Secretary is responsible for keeping records of Board actions, including overseeing the taking of minutes at all board meetings, sending out meeting announcements, distributing copies of minutes and the agenda to each Board member, assuring that corporate records are maintained, and general correspondence as needed for the WLN.
- Board of Directors: Board members must have adequate time to devote to the organization. We ask that all board members are able to:
Ensure adequate resources and participation for the organization to fulfill its mission
Ensure proper oversight of financial assets, Code of Ethics and bylaws of the organization
Enhance the organization's public standing
Clearly articulate the organization's mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community
Be responsible for adherence to legal standards and ethical norms
Articulate prerequisites for candidates, orient new members, and periodically and comprehensively evaluate their own performance
Participate in teleconferences and voting via email and other forms of communication.
We encourage new participants as a means of expanding our group. Current board members will assist all new board members to ensure a seamless transition.
The WLN is also in need of volunteer committee chair persons and members. Committee Members DO NOT need to be voting board members.
- Media Committee: Advertising fundraising activities, PSA’s, radio, internet, (social media and website, etc.) Press releases, etc.
- Fundraising Committee: Coordinate the Lyme Walk and/or other fundraisers and activities, etc.
- Newsletter Committee: Coordinate, edit and layout the articles to be printed, distribution of newsletters, mailings, etc.
- Medical Liaison Committee: Outreach to practitioners, coordinate practitioner training, check the practitioner email a minimum of once per week, etc
- Patient Liaison Committee: Outreach to local support groups, check patient email daily, send follow up, doctor referrals, etc.
- Special Projects Committee: Organizing doctor lectures, CME credits, liaison with various medical organizations and groups for outreach.
Those interested in assisting on the Board and/or Committee position, please see attachment for application. Click Here for Application